Update: The following steps no longer work because LinkedIn has recently stopped letting users download their contact list. They say that it would be impossible to get permission from every person, so they no longer offer a downloadable email list (probably in response to GDPR). If you want to ask your LinkedIn contact to participate in your KLT survey, the best way is to post the link on your profile. You can also send the link to your contacts in a private message.
For your KLT report, you can use your LinkedIn contact list, which can be exported easily out of LinkedIn. Follow these steps to export your list:
- Login to Linkedin.
- Click “My Network” in the top nav.
- Click “See All” on the left side of the screen.
4. Click “Manage synced and imported contacts on the right side of the screen.
5. Click “Export Contacts” on the right side of the screen.
6. You will see some options for what you want to export. You can select both the connections and the imported contacts, but these will be in two separate files. If you want both of them in your KLT report you will need to merge them into one file. Exporting “Connections” only should give you all of your LinkedIn connections in one place.
7. Select “Download Archive.”
8. Linkedin will send you a file to download usually in less an hour.
9. For your KLT report you can open the file and delete any emails you do not want in your report. We only need the email column. If you want to delete the other columns you can, but it’s not necessary.